Monday, April 1, 2019

2019 International Tatting Day

Hope you are all having a wonderful tatty day! Here in the Madison Valley, the sun is shining and the snow is melting. This picture was taken on the 27th of March from Ennis bridge over the Madison looking toward the North. The ice dam from the previous week is completely gone although there is still flooding in low-lying areas ... primarily now from snow melt. 

I was working on a flurry of snowflakes for our tree in December however the 75+ I had finished will need a SEVERE washing as I found some "floating" in tea. Some may have to be re-tatted but I will face that after returning from Flathead Lake this weekend. I don't have any new pictures to add as I am getting my shuttles ready for classes from Randy Houtz, Anita Barry and Heidi Nakayama. I am looking forward to seeing everyone!

I have decided however to let you have a copy of two snowflakes I designed in
PTG 2005 Snowflake
the Winter of 2005-2006. Just email me and I will send you the PDF file. The PTG 2005 snowflake has "modernized" notation, a picture and a diagram. The SCMR 2006 snowflake does not have a diagram (someday I'll get around to that someday). Pictures
SCMR 2006 Snowflake
(taken from the PDF files) are shown.

No comments: