Wednesday, July 1, 2009

On the way home

It was really good to see Gary Houtz this year and to finally meet his lovely wife, Vera. We all had missed Gary last year but are certainly glad he felt well enough to make the trip. Irene and her husband had all kinds of issues with their "new" motorhome ... but the dealership will really take care of the issues when they return to OKC. I know I certainly wouldn't want Irene on my case as she is TENACIOUS!! Good to see Deb from CoSprings again and to meet several new folks and tat again along beside old friends.

I was finally (about time, too) to make a decent looking tatted bauble. I can hardly wait to get down with a couple of other small projects and then 'tackle' the bag pattern from Bobbie. The pattern is a re-creation of a bag Bobbie had found thrown away, probably because the silk lining had been riped. The original bag had crocheted baubles but the one I want to make will, of course, use tatted baubles.

I left Bobbie's on Monday morning and stopped at Casper, WY. I had once visited an aunt and uncle, along with their children, many years ago ... probably somewhere between 45 and 50 years. I don't remember much of the town but I remember how long it took us to drive from our home in the Texas panhandle.

I drive into my sister's in Amarillo last night arriving about 8:30 PM CDT. I hadn't told them I was coming. She and her husband are hosting a mortgage-burning party on the 4th (this Saturday). I won't get to stay as I still have two days driving before I get home and I have to be at work on the 6th. I'll also get to surprise my mother when she arrives at the Amarillo airport on the 3rd. She has no idea I'm here either. Since I missed her 80th birthday dinner in April, I thought this might be a good surprise as well.

Since I'll be here several days, I do have a couple of friends to try to see and also to see my aunt and uncle while I'm here. I haven't seen their new place so I hope I can catch up with them but I know my aunt is busy and my uncle has had some health issues this year.

1 comment:

erin said...

Hi, Teresa!

I have so enjoyed reading about your trip! I hope you and Ronnie are well and rested (hah! Like that happens on a tatting trip!) ;-)

Hugs and can't wait to see you!
Erin in Tenn.