Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Moje Robόtki No 8

Here is my attempt (through Round VII) of Jan Stawasz' large doily for the Polish magazine referenced in the title.
The photo is only a portion and of course the piece is not blocked at all. Currently it measures about 18" in diameter and I'm going to start Round VIII soon. I love the symmetry and negative space that are typical of Jan's patterns. I am lucky to have both of the books (in hard back) that were published prior to his death. I'm also glad to have found (thank you, Tim K) this pattern as well. This piece will be a wonderful addition to my "linens" in our new home.

I so look forward to arriving in Montana. I'll also be able to pick up another of my hobbies that I had put on hold when we moved to North Carolina. I also do china painting but need to acquire a new kiln as the one I had purchased from Ruth Little in Lubbock is probably 50 years old and was on its last legs when I got it. It's fun to research the various kilns and I plan to contact several porcelain artists who live the NW part of the USA to get their recommendations. There are some good videos on YouTube not only from current artisans but the history of porcelain making and decorating. Needless to say, I won't be acquiring a kiln that is used for massive firings but don't want a "table-top" version either.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow, that doily is amazing!

Tim Kaylor said...

Glad to have helped.