Sunday, January 21, 2018

Variation on a theme

Playing with my block tatted heart pattern. I used DOUBLE-DOUBLE stitches (ala Elgiva Nicolls) in the heart center. This is also known as a balanced double stitch (BDS) as taught by Ruth Perry.

The above picture is the result on the left (but was not taken against a flat surface); the original is on the right. I haven't really decided which I prefer. I also varied the picot sizes but only finger blocked the resultant medallion.

This piece is only one of the items I'll be sending back to AKTatter (Georgia Seitz) to decorate a patch for Palmetto Tatter's Guild 2018 Fund-Raising Quilt. I've completed a GR-8 inspired butterfly and a length of hen & chicks edging in the same thread. Since the piece of pieced fabric I have has lavenders, turquoise, oranges and yellows, I've also decided to include a length of edging in my favorite edging, Mary Konior's Curds & Whey. I'll grab a picture of the piece before I send back to Georgia. {Poor baby, she's had an awful case of influenza this season}.

1 comment:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Both are very pretty, but I think I like the pink version better.